WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The CPAFI offers scholarships to current Indiana Department of Correction employees and contract staff, along with dependent members of their household. If you, your children or spouse are currently attending school or plan on enrolling in an undergraduate, graduate, technical, or vocational program, this scholarship opportunity is for you!
The Fall 2018 CPAFI scholarship applications are now available for both full and part-time students.
WHAT SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE?
The following scholarships are available:
- Commissioner’s Scholarship, $7500 (one available)
- Public Safety Scholarship, $4000 (one available)
- IDOC Scholar Scholarship, $2000/year for four years (one available)
- Rose Vaisvilas Scholarship, $3000 (one available)
- Supplies Scholarship, $2000 (approximately eight available)
- Part-time Student Scholarship, $1000 (approximately four available)
*The IDOC scholar scholarship is available for graduating high school seniors and awards a $2000 scholarship for four consecutive years.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Download and complete the application below and mail it along with your transcripts by July 13, 2018 to:
Correctional Professionals Assistance Fund of Indiana
Attn: Margaux Auxier, Secretary
302 W. Washington Street
IGCS – Room E334
Indianapolis, IN 46204
NOTE: All scholarship recipients will be required to provide an official transcript before scholarship distribution.
Fall 2018 Application – download PDF
*Applications must be submitted by July 13, 2018.
Eligibility requirements include:
- *Full-time enrollment at an accredited college or university in the United States including undergraduate, graduate, technical, or vocational (except for the part-time student scholarships);
- Half-time or more, but less than full-time enrollment, will be considered part-time and be eligible for the part-time student scholarship;
- **Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale);
- Special consideration may be given to students who are majoring in an area of study that directly pertains to corrections, public safety or community service; and
- You must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States.
- The winners of any CPAFI scholarship are not eligible to receive another CPAFI scholarship within the same calendar year.
*Full-time study is defined as full-time enrollment for the entire upcoming academic year.
**Added guidelines for the IDOC Scholar scholarship include, a minimum GPA of 3.0 and proof of volunteer service each year you are awarded the scholarship.