The CPAFI offers scholarships to current Indiana Department of Correction employees and contract staff, along with dependent members of their household. If you, your children, dependents, or spouse are currently attending school or plan on enrolling in an undergraduate, graduate, technical, or vocational program, this scholarship opportunity is for you!
The Fall 2021 CPAFI scholarship applications are now available for both full and part-time students.
WHAT SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE?
The following scholarships are available:
- Commissioner’s Scholarship, $7500 (one available)
- Public Safety Scholarship, $4000 (one available)
- Rose Vaisvilas Scholarship, $3000 (one available)
- IDOC Scholar Scholarship, $2000/year for 4 years
- Supplies Scholarship, $2000 (approximately eight available)
- Part-time Student Scholarship, $1000 (approximately four available)
With respect to two of the Fall 2021 supplies scholarships the CPAFI will be trying something new. Students who do not meet one or more of the general prerequisites of the other CPAFI scholarships are free to apply and compete for a “Special Circumstances” scholarship. When applying for a Special Circumstances scholarship, check the box on the application indicating you are applying for a “Supplies Scholarship” then, as part of your written “Personal Statement” (Section 5 of the application), indicate that you are applying for a “Special Circumstances” scholarship and include within this statement the unique factors or set of circumstances you believe should be taken into consideration when determining application eligibility.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Download and complete the application below and mail it along with your transcripts by JULY 23, 2021 to:
Correctional Professionals Assistance Fund of Indiana
Attn: Emily Fajardo, Secretary
302 W. Washington Street
IGCS – Room E334
Indianapolis, IN 46204
NOTE: All scholarship recipients will be required to provide an official transcript before scholarship distribution.
Fall 2021 Application – download PDF
*Applications must be submitted by July 23, 2021.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Full-time enrollment at an accredited college or university in the United States including undergraduate, graduate, technical, or vocational (except for the part-time student scholarships);
- Half-time or more, but less than full-time enrollment, will be considered part-time and be eligible for the part-time student scholarship;
- **Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale);
- Special consideration may be given to students who are majoring in an area of study that directly pertains to corrections, public safety or community service; and
- You must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States.
- The winners of any CPAFI scholarship are not eligible to receive another CPAFI scholarship within the same calendar year.
*Full-time study is defined as full-time enrollment for the entire upcoming academic year.
**Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and proof of volunteer service required for each year an individual is awarded the IDOC Scholar scholarship.